It’s finally here! With Spring officially arriving on March 20th – & now, with April 1st upon us – it’s time again to look at what’s new in the AV World. Let’s dust-off the cobwebs of old-man Winter & dive into all things shiny & new. For this April Edition of “What’s New in AV”, we are referencing the Sound & Communications article posted on February 28th, 2019. In this story, the NSCA announced its winners of the 5th annual “Excellence in Product Innovation Awards.” FYI – to be eligible to receive this honor, manufacturers must produce low-voltage products for installation by integrators in commercial spaces. Other judging criteria includes end-user experience – taking into consideration scalability, versatility, deployment cost, ease of use, ROI, ADA compliance, energy efficiency, etc. This year’s panel of judges included Mike Abernathy – NSCA’s Director of Business Resources, the Editor of Commercial Integrator, & a panel of AV Integrators from around the U.S.
And now – the envelope please…
- The “New Revenue Potential” Award: Crestron’s Flex (crestron.com) delivers native software for Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, & Zoom Rooms which allows for a more seamless experience between organizations & their customers. The Flex is available in four models, allowing you to choose which will best suit your needs. Interested in this product? We can help!
- The “Overall Grand Prize Winner”: Digital Projection’s INSIGHT Laser 8K (digitalprojection.com) – with 8K resolution & 25,000 lumens of laser illumination, this projector gives the viewer the ultimate visual experience. Providing 7680 x 4320 pixels of unbelievable clarity & color, the INSIGHT Projector is especially perfect for the most elaborate presentations – such as given by medical & scientific organizations. Both the color & black level accuracy is unrivaled. Interested in this product? We can help!
- The “Retrofit/InstallerFriendly” Award: Biamp’s TCM1 Beamtracking Microphone (biamp.com) – comprised of a pendent microphone & plenum box, each unit includes Beamtracking Technology with 120-degree zones, providing full 360-degree meeting space coverage. Interested in this product? We can help!
- The “Ease of Customization” Award: Shure’s Designer System Configuration Software (shure.com) – was developed with integrators & system designers in mind, to better visualize & implement installations using multiple MXA910 Ceiling Array Microphones. Using this software cutsdown dramatically on time spent on this type of design – bringing a whole new level of convenience to AV integrators & designers alike. Interested in this product? We can help!
- The “Technology Platform” Award: QSC’s QSYS Control (qsc.com) – uniquely leverages the power of Intel processing, reliability of a Linux operating system, & the interoperability of IEEE networking standards. This approach allows QSC to easily migrate the Q-SYS Platform to other Intel Platforms, & will also make it highly expandable for future IT functions & platforms. Interested in this product? We can help!
- The “Recurring Revenue Potential” Award: VisibilityOne’s Video Monitoring (visibility.one) – this seamless integration with 3rd party solutions provides details of the room, user experience, & participant performance. This allows users to efficiently manage conference & huddle rooms across multiple cloud platforms. Interested in this product? We can help!
- The “Trailblazing Innovation” Award: Listen Everywhere App (listentech.com) – this highly customizable free app is available for both Android & Apple smartphones & tablets. It allows users to stream audio to the largest number of customers, & can be fully branded for any organization also offering numerous messaging features.
According to Mike Abernathy – Director of Business Resources for NSCA – more entries were received this year than ever before – & each product reviewed brought something unique & different to the Commercial Audio-Visual integration industry!
Would you like YOUR AV space to be both modern & unique? Look no further than CAPTUS SYSTEMS. Our talented team excels at both design & installation, & we’d love to help make your Audio-Visual dreams come true! Give us a call at 212-400-1616, or e-mail us at email@example.com.