Captus Systems is hiring! We’re a Leading New York-based Audio-Visual Design and Build Firm that delivers integrated AV solutions to our commercial clients & institutions across the Tri-State area. Captus Systems is searching for an experienced Audio-Visual Lead Technician to join our Team. Bring your Innovation and Passion to Captus!
Lead Field Technician
Lead Field Technician
Key Job Requirements:
- Thorough understanding of the latest AV Technologies.
- Reading and interpreting audio-visual flow / line diagrams, rack elevations, architectural plans, wiring diagrams, wire list, electronic schematics, & AV symbols.
- Able to use Power tools.
- Ability to test and trouble shoot equipment.
- Maintaining a clean and organized workspace.
Key Responsibilities and Daily Tasks May Include:
- Receiving Equipment at the Job Site.
- Pulling and terminating cable.
- Installing speakers, displays, mounts, projectors, screens, equipment racks etc.
- Perform hands-on onsite rack fabrication
- Reading Scope of Work / Sales Orders, Product Lists, and SOWs before beginning a project.
- Coordinating activities with colleagues / other technicians and other trades.
- Meeting with and updating Project Manager to review timeline and expectations for the upcoming day.
- Providing end-of-day updates to the Project Manager and Captus internal systems.
- Troubleshooting problems.
- Calling in a Return Manufacturer Authorization (RMA) for defective equipment with manufacturers.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- 3+ Years of AV Technician experience
- 3+ Years of Low voltage wiring experience
- Thorough understanding of the latest AV Technologies
- Network installation experience
- OSHA Certificate (or commitment to have this completed within 3 months)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly, self- motivate, and be a team player
- Strong attention to detail.
- Accountability and integrity.
- Able to attain and maintain an AVIXA CTS-I and / or CompTIA Network+ certification within 2 years of hire
- DSP – (Biamp, QSC, SoundStructure etc.)
- AV Technician: 3 years (Required)
- Competitive wage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
Apply today! If you have working experience in AV/ IT support, we want your skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 – $40.00 per hour
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
CAPTUS SYSTEMS is an Audio-Visual Design & Build firm that leads with technology and delivers with people, high ethics and professionalism. We have the expertise to design and deliver AV, IT and Unified Communications Systems anywhere.
About Captus Systems
Who is Captus Systems
The Captus team includes experts and leaders in Audio Visual, Information Technology, Construction Project Management, Healthcare, Corporate and Administration.
Our team has been designing and delivering cost effective Audio Visual and IT solutions for the world’s leading companies and organizations in Healthcare, Media, Technology, Higher Education and Legal industries. We have more than 120 years of combined industry leadership experience.
What we Do
Our free design services allow your team to budget and plan for any size project.